- Weight: 3 lbs.
- Rack and Pinion are machined out of steel to increase durability while minimizing lash and weight.
- Center housing, pinion gear caps, rack extensions and outer tubes are machined from aluminum to keep the total weight at 3lbs.
- Total Rack Travel from stop to stop with 1/8 inch (3.175mm) thick stops on each extension is 3.25 inches (82.55mm) max. (Note: rack travel beyond this point will cause the pinion gear to impact the end of the rack gears causing damage). Total Rack Travel can be reduced by machining thicker stops for your application and steering requirements.
- Pinion rotation to travel 3.25 inch (82.55mm) is 246 deg.
- Front and rear low friction bushings on pinion gear shafts provide the support to eliminate lash
- Same low friction bushings guide the rack through to provide smooth operation while eliminating lash.
- Pinion shaft and rack seals to keep the dirt and moisture out.
- Adjustable aluminum trunnion blocks along the rack tubes provide multiple mounting options and rack rigidity.
- 1/4-28 internal threaded rack extensions allow for a clevis or rod end of your choice.
- Adjustable rack preload and lash.
- Optional integrated steering sensor.